- 1 box Rotini Pasta, cooked (or preferred noodle)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh Oregano
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- Handful of Sweet Peppers, diced (optional)
- 2 to 3 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup Black Olives, sliced
- 1 package Fresh Mozzarella Pearls or 1/2 pound of Provolone Cheese Cubes
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar (homemade is best!)
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt
Cook noodles as directed on the box and rinse under cold water to halt the cooking process.
While the noodles are boiling, let the chopped onion sit in vinegar to tamper the taste a bit (approx. 10 minutes). Discard vinegar after use.
In a small bowl, combine sugar, red wine vinegar, olive oil, black pepper and salt. Toss all ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to serve.