This is a fabulous combination of two separate family recipes, my mother’s sweet potato casserole filling and my baby sister’s crumble topping. Perfection.
- 1 large can Sweet Yams (or 4 to 5 Sweet Potatoes, baked and peeled)
- 1/2 stick Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped
Crumble Topping Ingredients
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Pecans, crushed
- 1/2 stick Unsalted Butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix first 7 ingredients together. Fold in pecans. Put in a greased baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine all of the crumble topping ingredients.
Crumble topping over the filling and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.