- 2 Pie Crusts, any brand will do
- 2 Gala Apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¾ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon + 1/2 tsp more for top of crust
- 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream + a bit more for top of crust
- 1 tbsp. Granulated Sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Take the box of pie crusts out of all packaging and let them come to room temperature as you prepare the pie filling.
Toss apple slices in lemon juice, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
Place one of the pie crusts in a pie dish. Add the apple mixture, heaping extra apples in the middle of the pie. Pour the cream over the apples and cover with the second pie crust. Cut four small slits for venting near the center of the top pie crust.
In a small bowl, mix together remaining cinnamon and sugar. Brush the top of the pie with a bit of cream and sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Place the pie dish on a baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes to a golden brown. Let cool for an hour or more before eating.
Refrigerate leftovers… if there are any.